Chapter 1 Biography of Characters from Qi Family
Section 1 Ancient Characters
Emperor Xin (? – about 1066 BC), also known as King Zhou of Yin by later generations. Du Chaoge, the last monarch of the Shang Dynasty. When Di Xin was young, he was “quick in identifying diseases, keen in hearing and seeing; extraordinary in talent and fierce in hand skills”, he was a man who was capable of writing and martial arts.
After Emperor Xin succeeded to the throne, he made great efforts to govern, determined to reform, did not kill slaves, developed production, updated ideas, and ignored ghosts and gods. Zeng Shenshan trained soldiers, forged weapons, and led heavy troops to conquer Dongyi. He managed the southeast, consolidated the unification of Dongyi and the Central Plains, and spread the advanced Central Plains culture to the Huaihe and Yangtze River basins, laying the foundation for the unification of the Chinese nation. After the Yin Dynasty conquered Dongyi, the territory expanded, agriculture developed, and wealth and grain increased. Emperor Xin built warehouses to store grain and treasure. “Historical Records” says: “Thick taxes are used to realize the money of Lutai, and the millet of Juqiao is filled.”
The victory of conquering Dongyi made Emperor Xin gradually arrogant and domineering, especially in his later years, he was fond of wine and sex, and ignored political affairs. He once set up meat forests and wine pools in Chaoge to have fun. The officials refused to accept their advice, so his uncle Bigan was killed, his concubine Weizi fled, and the grand master Jizi pretended to be crazy. But doting concubine Daji, only obeying her sister’s words, killing innocent people wantonly.
Later, King Wu of Zhou joined forces with Yong, Shu, Qiang, Ju, Wei, Rong, Peng, Pu and other clans, led tens of thousands of troops, and fought against Emperor Xin in Muye (South of Chaoge City to Weihui City). Emperor Xin hastily organizes slave soldiers to fight, the former disciples turn against each other, defeated and returned to Chaoge, climbed to Lutai, Mengzhu Yuyi, set himself on fire and died. His son Wu Geng buried him on the west bank of the Qi River, and the site still exists today.
Weizi, a songwriter in the late Shang Dynasty, whose real name was Kai, was called Qi in Han Dynasty. Because the name of the country is Wei and the title is Zi, it is called Weizi. Weizi is the eldest son of Emperor Yi of the Shang King, the concubine brother of the King Zhou, and is known as a scholar in the world. Although he is smart and simple, he is indecisive. When you grow up, you can’t decide on your own.
At the end of the Shang Dynasty, King Zhou “disordered himself in politics”. Weizi personally remonstrated King Zhou many times, persuading him to care about the government. Zhou thought that he “has a destiny in heaven”, but he didn’t accept it. Wei Zi saw that “Zhou cannot be remonstrated in the end”, and wanted to say goodbye to King Zhou with death. But when he really died, he hesitated again, so he conspired with Taishi Jizi and Shaoshi Bigan. Taishi Jizi believes that “today, sincerity can govern the country, and the country will not hate to die; if it is for death, it will not be governed in the end, it is better to go.” Hearing this, Wei Zi walked away from King Zhou. “Wei” is the feudal state of Weizi. It was originally located in the northeast of Lucheng County, Shanxi Province. Later, Weizi moved to the northwest of Liangshan, Shandong, so it is also called “Wei”.
After King Wu of Zhou defeated Zhou and destroyed Shang, Wei Zi held a sacrificial vessel and made it at the military gate of King Wu. When King Wu of Zhou saw this and heard the words, he was very moved, so he released his bondage, “reverted to his position as before”, and was still a scholar. Around 1063 BC, the Duke of Zhou killed Wu Genglu’s father with the order of King Cheng, and ordered Wei’s son to replace Yin, and granted his country to Song Dynasty, which is now in the Shangqiu area. From then on, Wei Zi became the king of Song and the priest of Yin.
Weizi, the first ancestor of the Song Dynasty, was buried on a high hill in the northwest of Weishan Island, Weishan Lake, Shandong Province after his death. In front of the tomb, there are four ancient steles. Refer to the four characters of Ji Bi, “Ji” refers to Jizi, and “Bi” refers to Bigan. Confucius called “Weizi”, “Jizi” and “Bigan” the same “three benevolences”.
Jizi, whose name is Xuyu, was named Jizi because the country was entrusted to Ji (now northeast of Taigu County, Shanxi Province) and the noble was his son. Jizi has the same surname as Zhou. He was an aristocrat of the Yin and Shang Dynasties. He was upright and talented.
When Jizi was in charge of the government, he saw that King Zhou always used elephant chopsticks for meals, and felt that Zhou was very extravagant. He sighed and said: “If it is an elephant chopsticks, it must be a jade cup. If it is a cup, you must think of rare and strange things from afar. Since then, the palace has gradually begun, and it cannot be revived.”
Hou Zhou became more and more extravagant, drinking and having fun day and night without managing politics. Jizi repeatedly admonished Zhou and refused to listen. Some people persuaded Jizi to leave, and Jizi said: “As a minister, if you don’t listen to admonitions and go away, it is to show the evil of the emperor and please the people. I can’t bear it.” So Jizi pretended to be a slave with his hair on his head, and played the piano to mourn himself. Seeing this, Zhou thought Jizi was really crazy and imprisoned him. After King Wu destroyed Shang and built Zhou Dynasty, he ordered Duke Zhao to release Jizi, and asked Jizi about the way of governing the country. Jizi didn’t want to be an obedient citizen of Zhou Dynasty, so he led a large number of old people from today’s Jiaozhou Bay to North Korea, and founded Jizi. dynasty. The Shang nobles Jing Rusong, Qin Ying, Nan Gongxiu, Kang Hou, Lu Qi, etc. went with them.
Later, when Jizi passed Yin (chaoge), he saw that the palace was ruined and desolate, and wild wheat and millet were everywhere, and his heart was very sad. “Maixiu’s salary is paid, the millet is oily, and the cunning child is not good with me.” Here “cunning boy” refers to King Zhou, which means that you did not listen to my advice at that time, and now you have fallen into such a world. When Chaoge and Yin Min heard it, they were all moved and shed tears.
There is Jizi Mausoleum in Pyongyang, North Korea today, which is its relic. During the Tang Dynasty, the Jizi Temple was built at Chaoge Nanguan, and the writer Liu Zongyuan wrote an inscription for it, which is preserved today. During the Zhengde period of the Ming Dynasty, the “Sanren Temple” was built in the west of Nanmen Neilu to commemorate his position, and the site still exists.
Bigan, Zhou’s uncle, was originally named in Bi (near Qufu, Shandong Province today). He first assisted Emperor Yi to govern Yin, and later served as the Shaoshi of the Zhou Dynasty, also known as Yaxiang. He was loyal to Emperor Yi and King Zhou. In Zhou’s later years, he was licentious and immoral, the people were silent, all the officials rebelled, and Bigan was very anxious. Seeing that Jizi became a slave because of admonishing Zhou, Bi Gan was deeply saddened and said, “If the king has a fault and does not admonish him with death, the people will be innocent!” He did not hesitate to “fight to the death”, and for three days, he uttered bitter words and advised King Zhou to change his ways and return to righteousness. Zhou was furious and shouted: “I heard that a sage’s heart has seven openings, do you believe in it?” Heart. Bigan died for his country at the age of sixty-three. After the death of Yin, the people of Yin cherished their virtues, changed the name of Zhaixing Tower to Zhexintai, and built “Zhonglie Fang”. The hanging couplet is “hard, loyal, benevolent, brave, miserable, cruel, sad, and hurtful.” It still existed in the Qing Dynasty, and there are ruins today.
After Bigan’s death, he was buried in Chaoge Nanji, which is known as “Bigan’s Tomb” in the world. After King Wu of Zhou conquered the Shang Dynasty, he “ordered Hong Yao to seal the tomb of Bigan”. “In the nineteenth year of Tang Zhenguan (AD 645), Emperor Taizong Li Shimin was granted the title of Grand Master again, and his posthumous posthumous title was Zhonglie.” The tomb of Bigan still exists today, and there are legends of “Pingguanbai” and “Wuxincai” handed down from generation to generation.
Wu Geng, the son of Zhou, was smart and studious when he was young. Around the end of February 1066 BC, Shang Dynasty died and Zhou Li was established. Wu Geng manages Yin Yumin, and the stockholders are happy.
In order to prevent Wu Geng’s rebellion, King Wu set up the three kingdoms of Yan, Fu and Wei around Chaoge. To the east of Chaoge, we set up Weiguo, and Guan Shu was appointed by Guan Yi to defend; Monitor Wu Geng together.
At this time, Wu Geng stayed in Zhou Palace (now Xitan and Sanhai area in Qi County) to continue Yin worship.
In the second year of Yin’s death (1065 BC), King Wu died, and his son King Cheng was young. King Wu’s younger brother Zhou Gongdan took charge of state affairs on behalf of King Cheng. Unsatisfied with this, Uncle Guan and Uncle Cai spread rumors that Duke Zhou wanted to usurp the throne, and joined forces with Wu Geng to rebel.
Duke Zhou and Duke Zhao were to protect Zhou’s country, “relieve father and brother inside, caress the princes outside”, Duke Zhou led the army to march eastward under the order of King Cheng, and defeated Chaoge’s rebel army. Wu Geng was defeated and punished. The Duke of Zhou also killed Guan Shu, released Cai Shu, demoted Huo Shu, and moved the Chaoge “Yin Wan” to Luoyang to be disciplined.
Uncle Kang’s surname is Ji, and his first name is Feng. He was the ninth son of King Wen of Zhou and the younger brother of King Wu.
When King Wu destroyed the merchants, in order to prevent Wu Geng’s rebellion, he once granted his third younger brother prison, which was called the “Three Supervisors” in history. In 1063 BC, the third supervisor and Wu Geng rebelled against Zhou. The Duke of Zhou ordered King Cheng to conquer Yin with Xingshi, killed Wu Geng and Uncle Guan, released Uncle Cai, enfeoffed the land of the three prisons to Uncle Kang, established Wei State, and Uncle Kang established his capital in Chaoge. Zhou Gong removed political hidden dangers for Kang Shu, and moved a large number of “Yin stubborn” to Luoyang as slaves, leaving only seven clans of Yin, including Tao, Shi, Fan, Jian, Fan, Hung, and Zhong Kui, as Kang Shumin. The Duke of Zhou held a ceremony of conferring soil and granting people to Uncle Kang in Haojing on the order of King Cheng, which is known in history as “granting soil to the Zhou family”. Uncle Kang led eight divisions (20,000) soldiers to Chaoge in the second year of King Cheng of Zhou Dynasty (1062 BC). Afterwards, Dingchang (now East Street of the county seat) was chosen to build the palace, build the city wall, and rule the country. The serfs were released first, and the cultivated land was distributed according to the regulations of the Zhou Dynasty, and the “opening of private land” was encouraged.
In terms of animal husbandry, handicrafts, commerce, etc., the mulberry garden in the north of the city was expanded, and the iron-making and bone-making workshops in the east of the city were expanded, and measures were taken to mobilize the enthusiasm of “all workers”. In terms of marriage, intermarriage of the same surname is restricted based on the principle that a man and a woman with the same surname cannot be born together. In terms of burial, the cruel practice of burying people and offering sacrifices to people in the Shang Dynasty was abolished, and straw people, grass horses, and earthen carts were used instead. Due to “Uncle Kang governed the country well, he was able to reconcile and gather his people, and the people were happy”, Weiguo soon saw a situation of “prosperity in all industries”. Later, “Emperor Cheng used his affairs to appoint Uncle Kang as the commander of the bandits, and gave Weibao sacrificial vessels to show his virtue.”
Uncle Kang was well-governed and respected by Qi people. In the thirty-fourth year of Emperor Kangxi of the Qing Dynasty (1695 A.D.), there was a “Uncle Kang Temple” in the west of Genan Street, the county seat, and there were still sacrifices in the early Republic of China (now the county construction company), The remains remain.