Lijiang is a place full of romance and mystery, with unique Naxi culture and beautiful natural scenery. If you want an unforgettable trip, you will not be disappointed when you come to Lijiang. The following is a detailed Lijiang travel strategy to help you plan an unforgettable trip.
There are various modes of transportation from major domestic cities to Lijiang: plane, train, car, etc. Among them, flying from Kunming to Lijiang is the most convenient and fast, with a flight time of about 1 hour; from Shanghai, Beijing and other places to Kunming by plane or high-speed rail, and then transfer to Lijiang, the whole journey takes about 10-12 hours.
There are various types of hotels and inns to choose from in downtown Lijiang, with prices ranging from tens of yuan to several thousand yuan. If you want to experience the local customs, you can choose to live in an inn or homestay in the ancient city. It is recommended to book in advance to avoid full rooms.
3. Recommended attractions
1. Lijiang Old Town: Also known as Dayan Town, it is the only ancient city without city walls among the famous historical and cultural cities in China, and it is also a rare and well-preserved ancient minority town in China. The ancient city of Lijiang was built at the end of Song Dynasty and the beginning of Yuan Dynasty (the late 13th century AD), and has a history of more than 800 years.
Address: Dayan Ancient Town, Gucheng District, Lijiang City
2. Shuhe Ancient Town: It is a small market town around the ancient city of Lijiang, with a history of thousands of years. There are well-preserved ancient roads, markets, and nearly a thousand traditional houses. The indigenous people are mainly Naxi people. It is one of the earliest settlements of Naxi ancestors in Lijiang Bazi.
Address: 4 kilometers northwest of Lijiang Old Town, Lijiang City
3. Jade Dragon Snow Mountain: It is one of the year-round snow-capped mountains closest to the equator in the northern hemisphere. Jade Dragon Snow Mountain is called “Oulu” in Naxi language, which means silver mountain rock. It is covered in silver and has thirteen snow peaks in a row, just like a “giant dragon” soaring and flying, so it is called “Jade Dragon”. It has dangerous, strange, beautiful and beautiful scenery.
Address: 15 kilometers north of Lijiang Ancient Town, Yulong County, Lijiang City
4. Lugu Lake: Located at the junction of Lijiang City and Sichuan Province, it is an alpine lake. You can take a cruise to visit the lake and enjoy the lake and mountains and the cultural customs of the Mosuo people.
Address: Yongning Town, Ninglang Yi Autonomous County, Lijiang City
5. Tiger Leaping Gorge: This is a gorge with a depth of more than 3000 meters, known as “the first gorge in the world”. Tourists can enjoy rafting, rock climbing and other outdoor activities here while enjoying the spectacular natural landscape.
Address: Tiger Leaping Gorge Town, Shangri-La City, Diqing Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan Province
6. Tea Horse Road Museum: This is a museum showing the history and culture of the Ancient Tea Horse Road, where visitors can learn about the importance of the ancient trade route and the lives of local residents.
Address: Zhonghe Road, Shuhe Ancient Town, Gucheng District, Lijiang City
7. Lion Rock Park: It got its name because the mountain looks like a sleeping lion. The buildings of the ancient city follow the mountain and surround the foot of Lion Mountain. Lion Mountain is the best place to enjoy the panoramic view of Lijiang Old Town and learn about the history of Lijiang Old Town.
Address: Xinhua Street, Gucheng District, Lijiang City
8. Mufu: This is a well-preserved traditional official residence of the Naxi people, where visitors can learn about the local history and culture.
Address: No. 49, Guangyuan Lane, Guanyi Street, Dayan Town, Gucheng District, Lijiang City, Yunnan Province
9. Black Dragon Pool: It is the back garden of the ancient city of Lijiang, known as the “Royal Garden of Mu’s Toast”. This park was formerly known as Dragon King Temple and Yuquan Park, with Wukong Bridge, Deyue Tower, Snow Mountain and the reflection of Snow Mountain in Black Dragon Pool, forming a classic picture postcard of Lijiang.
Address: No. 1, Minzhu Road, Gucheng District, Lijiang City
10. Eternal Love Scenic Area: The total investment is 1 billion yuan. This theme park includes five major theme parks: Songcheng Tea Horse Ancient City, Nacuo Village, Adventure Valley, Yanyu Valley, and Sacrifice Valley, and ten performances represented by the large-scale song and dance “Lijiang Eternal Love” and the large-scale live-action disaster drama “Shaking Flames”.
Address: Yuxing West Road, Yulong Naxi Autonomous County, Lijiang City
4. Food recommendation
“Hot and sour powder” is made with sweet potato flour as the main ingredient, plus various vegetables, meat and seasonings. This dish is delicious, hot and sour, very suitable for summer. You can find this delicacy at various small stalls in Lijiang Old Town.
“Crossing the Bridge Rice Noodles” is based on thin and long rice noodles, plus various vegetables, meat and soup ingredients, and finally cooked in hot soup. This dish is delicious and nutritious, and is deeply loved by tourists. You can find this delicacy in various restaurants and small stalls in Lijiang Old Town.
“Butter tea” is one of the traditional drinks of the Tibetan people. It is made from raw materials such as tea leaves, butter, salt and water, and has a strong, sweet taste and high nutritional value. You can find this delicacy in various restaurants and small stalls in Lijiang Old Town.
“Roasted Whole Lamb” uses the whole lamb as the main ingredient. After special treatment and roasting, it presents a golden appearance and fragrant taste. This dish is not only delicious, but also symbolizes reunion and happiness. You can find this delicacy in various restaurants and small stalls in Lijiang Old Town.
5. Matters needing attention
1. Respect local culture and customs, abide by the regulations of the scenic spot, and do not litter randomly.
2. Pay attention to food hygiene and avoid eating unclean food.
3. Do not climb cultural relics or historic sites or damage the natural environment in the scenic area.
4. Pay attention to safety, especially in mountainous areas and waterside activities.
5. Pay attention to the price when buying souvenirs to avoid being fooled.
Whether you like cultural monuments or natural scenery, you can find attractions that suit you in Lijiang. So, you might as well put down your busy work and come to a trip that just goes away!